eHealth Productivity and Innovation in Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly (EPIC) led by the University of Plymouth is a three-year project funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
We focus on strengthening the digital health ecosystem in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, by supporting development-led growth in enterprises, whilst closely working with health and care users, workers, and commissioners to identify real world need, develop useful solutions and encourage adoption of technological developments in health and care.
How we can help you:
- Bespoke academic collaboration to help boost you innovation, covering topics such as end-user input, evaluation techniques and usability considerations
- Access to the EPIC Challenge Fund, to help test the feasibility of your idea or hone your innovation. Grants are available for amounts between £4,000 and £26,500 with a scaling element of match-funding.
- Funded support on compliance and quality with ORCHA for app-based innovations
- Support to pivot your tech business into eHealth through links with knowledgeable stakeholders about real life health problems that could benefit from innovative solutions
- Fully funded use of the EPICentre, a purpose-built modern venue and demonstration space in Truro for businesses to use for meetings and hosting events
- Invitations to EPICs professional development events, focusing on all aspects of digital health, plus networking events to bolster valuable connections in the region
- The opportunity to employ a University of Plymouth student to work within your business as an intern, to deliver a set project on their area of expertise