eHealth Productivity and Innovation in Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly (EPIC) led by the University of Plymouth is a three-year project funded by the European Regional Development Fund, which focuses on strengthening the digital health ecosystem in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The project will achieve the aims by supporting research and development-led growth in enterprises, whilst closely working with health and care users, workers, and commissioners to identify real world need, develop useful solutions and encourage adoption of technological developments in health and care.
Providing sector-specific hands-on business support for local businesses to develop new eHealth products and services will not only create new jobs and support the local economy but can create truly useful innovations which could improve quality of life and boost wellbeing for many.
What EPIC can offer businesses that would like to work within Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly:
- Support to understand the local market, working with the NHS and integrated care system
- Bespoke academic collaboration to help boost innovations, covering end-user input, evaluation techniques and usability considerations
- Networking events to bolster valuable connections in the region
- Access to the Challenge Fund, to help test feasibility of ideas and hone innovations. Grants are available for amounts between £4,000 and £26,500 with a scaling element of match-funding
- Fully funded use of the EPICentre, a purpose-built modern venue and demonstration space in Truro for businesses to use for meetings and hosting events
- Invitations to EPICs professional development events, focusing on all aspects of digital health
- Long term links with the University of Plymouth and its Centre for Health technology